AO Smith Water Heater Troubleshooting
If your faucet is taking too long to heat up to the needed temperature or if your hot water runs out by the time you get to the shower, it may be time to invest in a new water heater. You may want to look at best AO Smith water heater reviews. They have some of the most technologically advanced water heaters.
Many water heaters corrode or rust over time which can lead to leaks and water damage. It is, therefore, important to be armed with knowledge on AO Smith water heater troubleshooting.
Best AO Smith water heaters
Let us take a look at some of the best AO Smith water heaters so that you are able to select the best that suits your needs and preferences.
The AO Smith Vertex GPHE-50
The AO Smith Vertex GPHE-50 is a 50-gallon water heater. It has a height of 68 inches and measures 17 inches in diameter. It takes minimal floor space and can fit nicely into a corner space while still leaving room for other storage.
At the bottom of the tank, it has a pilot light on the gas fueled burner. Heat rises through a spiral heat exchanger in the water, letting it retain heated combusted gases in the tank for a longer period of time. The exchanger operates at 96% thermal efficiency, which is more efficient compared to standard models which mostly operate at 80%. The Intelli-Vent Gas control allows you to regulate the system and track the water temperature.
This gas heater is able to produce a constant flow of water at 3 gallons per minute. It is environmental friendly and reduces carbon emissions by 33%. The gas heater comes with a bras drain valve which is more resilient and tamper resistant compared to plastic; T&P relief valve to release steam or water if the pressure or temperature gets to risky levels.
AO Smith GPVT-50 Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
AO Smith GPVT-50 has an exclusive three position blower outlet that is rotatable which makes it flexible and easy to install.
It also has CoreGard aluminum anode rod with a stainless steel core that protects the tank from corrosion for a longer period of time compared to mild Steel anodes. The brass drain valve is also durable and tamper resistant which improves its reliability and safety.
One of the most significant factors that make this one of the best AO Smith water heaters is the Dynaclean II dip tube that controls pressure from the inlet water and thus minimizes cold water areas inside the tank. It also has a self cleaning action which helps reduce sediment accumulation at the bottom of the tank.
A.O. Smith ENT-50 ProMax High Efficiency Tall Electric Water Heater, 50 gal
This one offers unmatched quality and value. The steel tank is protected from corrosion by permaglass coating thus maximizing its tank life. The dynaclean diffuser dip tube on the other hand reduces sediment and lime builds up while at the same time maximizing on the output of hot water which is good for heat sauna treatment.
It also has CoreGard aluminum anode rod with a stainless steel core that protects the tank from corrosion for a longer period of time compared to mild Steel anodes. The brass drain valve is also durable and tamper resistant which improves its reliability and safety. It also meets all regulations set by the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA)
AO Smith water heater troubleshooting
Just like any other water heater, best AO Smith water heaters have their shortcomings.
- Installation: You will definitely need a certified installer to put up your water heating system. This comes at an extra cost, so be prepared.
- High Cost: Generally, best AO Smith water heaters are expensive. This coupled with several additional costs such as installation makes them very expensive. However, the quality compensates the expenses.
- High Amperage Circuit: Depending on the type of best AO Smith water heater you select, the amperage required will differ. The benefits however outweigh the barriers. It reduces the amount of water wasted, shortens the time of heating water and improves the efficiency of the main water heater.
- Lag Time: There is a lag time of about 8 seconds to have the burners light up and heat the water to your preferred temperature. This however saves a lot of water and ensures hot water does not run out and also conserves about 50% of the energy you use.
- Regular Cleaning: You may be required to clean the air filters regularly to ensure that they are in good working conditions. This may cost you some extra money which makes best AO Smith water heaters much more costly compared to other water heaters. The operating costs, however, are low especially when installing during warm climates.
Keep In Mind
Best AO Smith water heaters are reliable, they are easy to install with the help of a professional installer and will last you for a long time with proper maintenance. There are no fans or pumps to burn out which makes them easy to maintain. Now that you know a thing or two about AO Smith water heater troubleshooting I am sure you will have an easy time using the units and taking good care of them.