Marey Tankless Water Heater Problems and Troubleshooting Tips
Marey tankless water heaters are relatively popular on the modern market, due to the up-to-date innovative features that they offer. Various customers have come to appreciate the Marey brand for what it brings to the table in terms of efficiency and overall function, which unavoidably resulted in the infrequent appearance of marey tankless water heater problems that need troubleshooting.
In order to help you solve your Marey tankless water heater problems, we have devised a list of possible problems and their solutions. However, before we delve into that, we would like to offer you a short description of the overall features and main selling points of Marey tankless water heaters.
Marey tankless water heater features
The following characteristics describe 95% of all Marey tankless water heaters, while there are a few differences between each of them, in terms of pressure, power and size.
- Doesn’t contain fabrics
- Stainless steel finish
- 5-year warranty
- Smart technology that halts excess energy and temperature waste. It has a digital display.
- Saves both water and electricity a significant amount (up to 65%)
- Corrosion resistant elements
- Eco-friendlyCompact size
Marey tankless water heater problems
Depending on which exact Marey tankless water heater you are using, you may face different issues throughout its lifetime. If you’re looking to fix your specific type, this is one of the best Marey tankless water heater reviews when it comes to seeking assistance with your issue.
Aside from regular monthly maintenance that you should most definitely opt for when you run into a specific problem that you can identify, it’s recommended that you contact one of the experts that deal with these issues. In most cases, there will be an error code on your tankless water heater digital screen, which you can Google or check the manual to identify.
The following section will address the most common water heater problems that the majority of customers tend to run into at one point. All of them are easy to fix on your own, and we will tell you how.
Heater doesn’t click (start)
Description: There is no audible clicking sound when upon starting the heater. This is one of the most frequent Marey tankless water heater problems.
- Confirm that the water supply fittings are properly connected with the corresponding pipes.
- Check the battery compartment for irregularities by opening the lid on the lower right-hand side and inspecting it. Take the batteries out, gently pull the small metal tabs towards the door of the compartment, and then place the batteries back properly. Re-insert the compartment into the heater.
- (You will need a multi-meter for this step.) Remove the front cover of the unit by removing any screws that keep it in place, then gently pull it back and open the unit. Locate the connectors that connect the battery compartment to the ignition module, and then remove them. Proceed by removing the battery compartment from the unit, and then attach the probes to the terminals of the compartment. You should be getting a reading of at least 3 volts. If you are not receiving 3 volts, you can remove the batteries and check them individually for a minimum of 1.5 volts.
- Check your micro switch, which is the small black switch with the metal lever on the right-hand side, and two wires connected to the left-hand side. You can find this near the bottom middle of your unit, mounted to the brass water valve assembly. Open a hot water faucet and check if the switch works at this point. If the switch does not work, make sure that you’ve connected your battery compartment properly and that the switch is placed as supposed to. If the switch still doesn’t work, you may have low water pressure.
Heater does not light or stay lit
Description: The digital screen does not light up when the heater starts running.
- Try throttling the unit a few times, as in the case where it’s gas powered, there may be extra unwanted gas in the chamber.
- (If you have a gas tankless water heater, make sure that all of the gas is out of the chamber before attempting this procedure.) Remove the front cover as explained above and confirm all electrical connections are firmly in place, especially the black clip on the upper right-hand side, and the ones at the middle right-hand side.
- If you have completed the above two steps and your screen still doesn’t light up, your solenoid will need to be replaced by an expert.
This short guide covers the basics of solving two of the most frequent Marey tankless water heater problems. For more troublesome issues, and if you weren’t able to fix these on your own, don’t hesitate to contact the Marey customer support service and seek the assistance of a technician.